Get a Free Quote
As well as words that have multiple meanings, there are also cultural connotations with certain phrases that can have an adverse effect on the message you're trying to communicate. Similarly, there's the risk that your intended meaning will be lost if you attempt to directly translate from one language to another, as the task is rarely a simple case of swapping words from the mother tongue into its target equivalent, or vice-versa. Read More
Rosetta Shanghai is always looking for good interns for its Central Shanghai office in Xiangyang Lu, just off Huaihai Lu.
The internship will get the successful candidates exposure to the full range of processes of a leading international translation agency. This includes:
1) Preparing quotes for translation and interpreting and advising clients
2) Following translations through the entire project workflow
3) Translating simple documents, proofreading and editing
4) General admin work
5) Finding and vetting new translators and interpreters
Our ideal candidates would fulfil the following requirements:
– Be a current undergraduate or graduate student, ideally in a language-related field
– Have excellent English listening, speaking, writing and reading skills
– Be careful and patient, with good communication skills
– Have a willingness to learn
Part and full-time interns are considered.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Internship’ as the subject line.